Many people’s all-time favorite cookies are those made with butter and chocolate chips. They’re great for snacking on while relaxing on the sofa with a good book or sharing with friends and family during a get-together. What makes these cookies so tasty, how to prepare them, and how to perfect the recipe are all covered in this article.
What Makes Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies So Delicious?
Cookies made with butter and chocolate chips have just the right amount of chewiness, sweetness, and softness. The richness of the chocolate chips is complemented by the cookies’ nutty, buttery undertones. The cookies should be soft and chewy on the inside and have a little crunchy edge for optimal texture. These cookies, if made properly, are a delectable dessert that will leave you wanting more.
How to Make Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Making butter chocolate chip cookies ain’t that hard, but there are some tricks you gotta keep in mind to get ’em perfect.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Put a baking sheet lined with parchment paper in a preheated 375F (190C) oven.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium basin.
- Butter, white sugar, and brown sugar are creamed together with an electric mixer in a separate large basin until smooth and creamy.
- Toss in the eggs one at a time and mix them in, then add the vanilla.
- The dry components should be added to the wet ones gradually until everything is mixed.
- Melt the chocolate and mix it in.
- Drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a cookie scoop or spoon, allowing approximately 2 inches of space between each cookie.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Perfecting Your Recipe
Here are a few tips to help you nail your butter chocolate chip cookie recipe:
- Use room temp ingredients: Make sure your butter and eggs are at room temp before you start making the dough.
- Chill the dough: Chilling the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking will help the cookies keep their shape and prevent them from spreading too much in the oven.
- Don’t overmix the dough: Overmixing the dough can lead to tough, dry cookies. Mix the dough until just combined and then fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Use high-quality ingredients: Using high-quality butter and chocolate chips will make a big difference in the overall flavor and texture of your cookies.
Big & Chewy Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
These big and buttery chocolate chip cookies are the perfect treat for anyone with a sweet tooth. They are big, thick, and chewy, and they’re perfect for dunking into a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. With this recipe, you can make about two dozen cookies that will be loved by everyone who tries them.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
Prep: 35 min. + chilling
Bake: 10 min./batch
Makes: About 2 dozen
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls. Flatten each to 3/4-in. thickness (2-1/2-in. diameter), smoothing edges as necessary.
- Place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed paper or parchment; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- To bake, place dough portions 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Bake until the edges are golden brown (centers will be light), 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients for Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Fine sea salt
- Unsalted butter
- Creamy peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Dark brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Follow the same recipe Big & Chewy Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. Don’t forget to add extra egg yolk and use more brown sugar than regular sugar for a really rich, chewy, and thick texture with tons of flavor.
Tips for Perfect Cookies:
- Measure your flour correctly to ensure that your cookies have the right texture. Use a scale or the spoon-and-level method to avoid adding too much flour, which can make your cookies dry and cakey.
- Use unsalted butter in your recipe so that you can control the amount of salt in your cookies.
- Follow the recipe carefully for the best results. Recipes are crafted to produce the best possible outcome, so be sure to measure your ingredients accurately and follow the instructions closely.
Avoiding Crumbly Dough
If you don’t measure your flour right, you could end up with a crumbly mess. To prevent that, be sure to measure everything accurately and follow the recipe closely. Then you’ll be able to make dee-lish chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies every time!
These recipes for butter chocolate chip cookies will surely wow anybody who has ever tasted one fresh from the oven. Everyone who tastes these cookies will agree that they are excellent, no matter the occasion. These buttery cookies with semisweet chocolate chips and toasted walnuts are gonna be a staple in every household! These cookies are not to be missed, so put on your apron and begin baking!