Co-working space culture is flourishing since long, and it has proved successful. Start-ups and small businesses specifically favour the concept of co-working and exploit it for sundry reasons. If you are a businessperson with small or new entrepreneurship in the market, you may relate to this.
What is co-working?
The use of an office or workspace by varied people from different firms and businesses is called co-working. The people working in a co-working space are assigned different areas in the office according to the rent they can pay. With time and according to the need, they can expand their co-working space.
Significance of co-working space
Now read the points that explain why a co-working space can be beneficial for your commercial activities and goals.
Cost-effectiveness is the first thing that a start-up or a small business thinks about. You can save a lot of money while working on a common platform with other firms. Use only the required space, and that limited infrastructure is never expensive for business finances.
Why is co-working space cost-effective?
- You get already established infrastructure
- Shorter leases give liberty from long ones
- Scale according to the requirement with time
Create a rich network
Certainly, co-working space is perfect for expanding your network. People from different industries and fields work there, and at some point, they can find common grounds of interaction with each other. These grounds can help your business grow and find some exotic idea to progress.
- You are surrounded by goal-oriented people that make the place a melting point of futuristic thoughts that inspire growth.
- Contact with the professionals from the same field makes your business scale faster in size and embrace a better approach with new ideas.
- The feel of community is strong among the co-workers, which is another reason for strong networking that gives water to the future business plans.
Location is always a significant factor for a business to attract the right type of clients. From a new finance company with an aim to be among the best private lenders in Ireland to a consultancy, location is an important factor. A right spot in the city makes your business easy to detect by the clients and helps in overall growth.
Tips for choosing a co-working space with a good location
- The location should not be too crowded
- Location priority should be in the budget
- The place should not be far from your place
When you buy an office, you need to spend extra to install the additional amenities. But in the co-working space culture, the user gets all such things easily at a much lower cost. There is no stress of installation because the building management takes care of these things before you think about them.
- Film screening rooms for better display of products etc.
- Beer taps to have a chit chat and relax
- Call area/phone booths to make professional/personal calls
- Lightning fast Wi-Fi without any failure and flaw
- Meeting rooms equipped with necessary things
- Functional kitchen or eating area
- Recreational area to break the monotony of work
No maintenance or repair stress
It is always difficult for a start-up or a small business to repeatedly invest in the maintenance of the office space and do the sundry repair things. It drastically adds to the working capital cost and disturbs the monthly budget. No such stress happens in the co-working space.
- Building management makes sure every equipment is in the right condition
- You do not need to pay for others mistake if someone else breaks something
- Instant repair service is made available by the business management team
Better productivity is vital for a small business or a new one. To stay and exist in the market, the generation of new thoughts and the zeal of work must remain unhampered. Co-working space offers you an environment where productivity flourishes.
- Sitting with like-minded people inspires better strategy
- Networking helps in knowing your industry better
- Regular conversation helps in troubleshooting
In a word, we can call it flexibility. Yes, it is up to you if you want to work individually with only one table and chair or with a group with a basic set-up. Every type of workspace is available according to the need of the use.
Benefits of flexible workspace –
- Use a small space and pay for the small one only
- Scale with time according to the need and paying capacity
- You can shorten the size of the workspace again, with no restriction
The above points should be sufficient to describe to you the benefits of co-working space for a start-up or a small business. When we are already living in an era of globalization, why we should hesitate to work with other people on a common platform. Let the varied cultures and professional practices melt at one point and create something amazing.