One of the most common reasons for engine failure is not ensuring that the engine is getting oiled or not. Even if you change the oil and you don’t check other parts then this could be the reason for engine failure. There are several reasons for engine failure. If you want to avoid engine failure than be sure to stay up to date with your scheduled auto maintenance. You should be in touch with your mechanic to find a way to repair your vehicle.
Reasons for Dismantling an Engine
According to the Land Rover engine rebuild, there are three major reasons for Dismantling an Engine.
Overheating is one of the major reasons for Engine failure. Overheating occurs when the cooling system fails to regulate engine temperature. The parts of the engine heat up and work at a hotter temperature than they are designed to. This happens because of a coolant leak from the radiator or hose connected to the system.
Different Reasons for Overheating
- Causes of Overheating could include a faulty electronic fan.
- Causes of Overheating could include a bad water pump or a bad thermostat.
- Causes of Overheating could include Radiator Issues.
- Oil needs to be changed.
- A broken water pipe could be the reason for Overheating.
- Issues with Belt and Hoses.
What to do if Engine Begins Overheating
If you are on road and the dashboard warning light comes on when your engine is overheating you should follow these steps to prevent overheating.
- Pullover and assess the situation
- Turn off the Air Conditioner.
- Open all the Windows
- Call for Assistance
Abnormal combustion inside the engine will produce heat and pressure in the combustion chamber. Abnormal combustion in the combustion chamber can cause interior parts of the engine to melt and crack the engine block. The spontaneous combustion of a fuel produces extreme heat. Noise can also be heard.
Different Reasons for Detonation
- Detonation can be caused by Excessive heat
- Detonation can be caused by Excessive Cylinder pressure
- Improper ignition timing can also be a reason for Detonation
How to Avoid Engine Detonation
- Check your Ignition timing
- Up your Octane
- Check your Spark Plugs
- Keep Compression Reasonable
- Check your Cooling system
The most common cause of engine failure is Improper Lubrication. People usually forget to change the oil and end up with lubricant failure. If you check the oil on regular basis and you don’t check other parts of the engine this will also cause lubricant failure.
Different Reasons for Lubrication
- Lubrication occurs if you don’t change the oil
- A faulty pump can cause Lubricant failure
- Water Contamination failure can also cause Lubricant failure
How to Avoid Improper Lubrication
- Don’t forget to change the oil
- If you hear any noise from the engine then you should call a mechanic.
Modifying and Upgrading the Engine
One of the reasons for dismantling the engine is to modify and upgrade the engine. If you are a car lover and you want to modify your car’s engine then you have to replace your engine with a new one. People usually modify their engine to increase horsepower and torque.