Due to being a renewable resource, indestructible, and clean, bamboo has got immense popularity in recent years. Being a member of the grass family, it is one of the plants that grow faster on Earth, 1/3rd lighter in comparison with oak, and sixteen per cent tougher when compared to maple. It soaks up a little moisture and doesn’t swell or shrink, and so, utensils made using bamboo, such as spoons, dish drainers, and cutting boards have seen a rise in their presence in home kitchen.
Apart from these benefits, bamboo made products, like bamboo foldable dish drainer require proper cleaning and maintenance. Here, have a look at the process involved in cleaning and maintenance.
Bamboo Dish Drainer Cleaning
Cleaning requires you take out a little of your valuable time. For an effective wash, you must have all the requisite items, such as a small scrub brush, water, a mild soap, 3 soft clean cloth pieces, and a small container. To clean effectively, here are four steps for your help:
- Take apart
Remove your bamboo dish drainer from the place it is installed. Uninstallation will facilitate your cleaning process.
Place this dish dryer on your kitchen sink. Add a dab of mild soap to your scrub brush after soaking it in water. Apply this soaked soapy brush to scrub the parts of your bamboo dish drainer so that it can get free from its stains. Never neglect any part while scrubbing the drainer with a focus on stained part.
Use a clean-soft cloth piece to rinse the soapy water. Have a close look at the entire dish rack to find out the spots if you have missed while rinsing off.
Use another piece of clean cloth and wipe the each corner of your bamboo dish drainer to remove the left water. Let it dry itself by leaving it empty.
How to Get Rid of Mould
A negligence of routine care and cleaning leads your bamboo folding dish rack mould build-up. This mould development makes its look dull, by leading it to lose its charm. You need to start working on how to stop it from mould build-up. To get rid of the developed mould on your bamboo dish drainer, you should have hot water, liquid dish soap, a soft scrub brush, white vinegar, and a paper towel/soft-clean cloth piece. The steps you should follow are
- Uninstall your bamboo dish racks from its place
- Block water pass of your kitchen sink and fill it with hot water
- Add two table spoon of liquid dish soap in the sink containing hot water and mix it with the hot water until it gets soapy
- Place your dish rack in the kitchen sink and use a soft toothbrush or scrub brush to mildly scrub it. Rub it until it gets free from the mould build-up and starts looking clean
- Use fresh and clean water to rise it
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with three tablespoon of white vinegar
- Spray this solution on your dish drainer for at least ten minutes to disinfect it
- Use a paper towel or clean-soft cloth piece to wipe the drainer and let it dry
Having bamboo utensils in your kitchen show that you are responsible person and you take a lot of care of the environment. Utensils, such as bamboo dish drainer looks great with proper care and maintenance. With regular cleaning and maintenance, you can use them for a more extended period.