- People with arthritis and joint pain have to meet two objectives – relieve joint pain and not put extra strain. The latter part involves protecting your joints from future issues.
- Often, joint exercises like aerobics help relax your joints. This workout also strengthens the muscles surrounding the joints. Stronger muscles can absorb more shock.
- Your footwear can impact your joints. So, make sure you grab the right pair for yourself.
- Maintain a good posture. Slouching can strain your muscles and joints. Over time, this can lead to joint pain.
- Lastly, exercise balanced with a good diet and supplements can relieve your joint pain and prevent this from happening again.
We forget we have joints until they start making our lives difficult by throbbing. It’s never too late to start taking care of your joints. Low impact exercises, a good diet, and some supplements can keep joints healthy and pain-free.
9 Tips to Relieve Joint Pain and Strengthen Them
Here are some tips that will help you protect your joints better.
- Build muscle strength. Weak muscles often accompany painful joints. The muscles around your joints need to be strong to absorb jerks and shocks. Their smooth working is necessary for carrying out day-to-day functions, exercises, and even bearing a fall. Exercises for joint pain include cardio, aerobics, cycling, and other similar activities that bolster the muscle around your joint. You can incorporate squats, lunges, seated leg raises, and similar exercises into your workout routine.
- Suitable footwear. Believe it or not, footwear plays a crucial role in your joints’ overall wear and tear. Statistics suggest that women are more prone to foot pain compared to men, though there is no indication that the use of high-heeled shoes contributes to it. Footwear affects the way your feet absorb shock. Ideally, your shoes should deliver you comfort and stability. Everyone has unique feet, so everyone’s pair of shoes must be tailor-made for them.
Based on your foot shape and walking style, an expert can recommend the best pair for you. Comfortable and well-cushioned footwear can prevent joint pain and strain.
- Your posture. Slouching is bad anyway. As many as one in four American adults experience back pain once every three months. When you sit in a bad posture, you are unknowingly straining your muscles, joints, and ligaments. The ideal posture helps align your joints and prevent them from degeneration and pain. It would help if you sat straight and stood appropriately without straining your joints. Your shoulders should be relaxed and feet flat on the floor. You can take breaks in between if you stand or sit for a longer duration. This will circulate the blood and relax your joints.
- Monitor your weight. Obesity is a common cause of joint pain. Excess weight puts pressure on weight-bearing joints like knees. To keep joints healthy and pain-free, you need to shed those extras. Obese people have to be extra careful when it comes to protecting their joints.
Obesity brings along ailments like arthritis, lupus, and other joint issues. Joint treatments often involve reducing weight along with exercises for joint pain. Ensure that you follow your exercise plan every day – and you do not slouch midway.
- Go for suitable exercise. The kind of exercise you do should not strain your joints and muscles. Go for low-impact exercises that keep your joints active without straining them. Aerobics is a smart way to improve your blood flow, build muscles, and exercise your joints.
- Pay attention to pain signals. Overenthusiasm can be painful if you exert yourself too much. It is important to be active, but it is also equally vital not to overdo anything. Exertion can put pressure on your joints and trigger pain. Be careful while starting any new physical activity. Take it slow until you get used to it. If you feel any sudden pain in your joints, take a rest. If you think your diet cannot fulfill your nutritional needs, you can consider taking top joint pain supplements. The market is flooded with different brands that all promise to relieve joint pain and inflammation.
Arthrozene is one such product. It is a joint health solution that’s made up of 3 trademarked ingredients: B-2Cool® type II collagen, Mobilee® hyaluronic acid, and ApresFlex® Boswellia Serrata. You can also search for other items if you want products with a more comprehensive list of ingredients.
- Eat a good diet. While you may not always be able to eat organic food, always try to ensure you get the nutrient you need. People with joint pain are usually prescribed an anti-inflammatory diet. This diet cuts down on foods that trigger inflammation and encourages the consumption of anti-inflammatory foods.
Include items like kale, broccoli, and yogurt to your diet to mitigate inflammation. Some of the top joint pain supplements include vitamin D, Omega 3, calcium, and others.
You can take these supplements in combination with diet and exercise. You go through some Arthrozene reviews to find out if it’s suitable for you.
- Stretching can help too. Do you do some stretching every day in the morning? Even stretching can go a long way to help you keep the joints and surrounding muscles active. Stretching can circulate your blood well, increase oxygen levels, and also extend your range of motion. Regular stretching can lessen your chances of joint injuries.
- Bust your stress. We all know how bad stress is for our health. And it can affect your joints too. Stress can disrupt your sleep cycle, weaken your immunity, and wreak havoc in your life. Eating right, controlling your weight, and frequent workouts can beat stress. A day at a spa can do wonders. Further, regular massages can be a great help to stiff joints. Yoga and meditation are also known for their stress-busting attributes.
In case of joint injuries, it is best to consult your doctor. If the joint pain persists, visit an expert at the earliest. Your physician can figure out the best treatments for you.