The common saying goes, “Wishes without plans are just ambitions.”. Here’s a five-step marketing strategy to help you with boosting donations.
Spend at least 20 minutes every morning reviewing and noting your organization’s fundraising and marketing priorities. Your marketing plan will be complete by the end of the week.
5 Steps to Successful Marketing
Step 1: Defining your marketing objectives
To begin, your organization already has the right source. Donor engagement can help you accomplish your marketing objectives.
- Which three fundraising goals are most important to you in the next six months?
- In terms of meeting your fundraising goals, which marketing tactic is the most effective? Will it be targeting audiences on Social Media or targeting them using different marketing collaterals like making fundraiser flyers, posters, and banners?
How can marketing be used most effectively to accomplish your fundraising goals?
Step 2 – Identify your Audience with boosting donations
Would your message be most interesting to one of your donors? Would your message encourage them to act on your behalf? Identifying your target audience helps you segment your list further so you identify the “low-hanging fruit” among them.
Step 3: Set Your strategy
Your effective social media marketing mission should be achieved by a maximum of one or two methods. A powerful message is not just what you say, but how you say it. It doesn’t matter if it’s a fundraising event, a program or a new initiative, or the story of your organization. Think about:
- Who is your target audience?
- How do you communicate?
- Can you tell me when you will contact them?
Step 4: Prepare Your Pitch
Ensure your donors know first and foremost what they care about; what makes them feel connected to your organization. The things your audience cares about and their habits are apparent to you. Objectivize your message by finding out what they care about. Do their values align with your understanding of prospective and current donors?
Step 5: Evaluate Your Results for boosting donations
Establish a clear definition of success during the planning process. To achieve your goals, review your results regularly. In addition to these elements:
- Plan review frequency – will you review the plan every month, quarterly, or annually?
- Measuring Your Success: What metrics will you use? Look at website analytics, subscriptions to e-newsletters, and how many donors or volunteers registered. What you are trying to achieve will determine these metrics.
- Assessment: Evaluate how your marketing efforts for boosting donations have improved the situation of your organization. As you proceed, figure out what worked and what did not, and revise your plan as needed.